Did God Create Dinosaurs? - 12/24/2004
where do dinasours fit in? did God create the world after dinasours evolved and became distinct? if he didnt then does that mean there was another creator? or did God create dinasours too in which case why is there no mention of them in the bible? scientific evidence shown us that dinasours
definatley existed. what is your opinion?
CONTENDER MINISTRIES RESPONSE:
Hi Danielle. God created the world before He created dinosaurs, and before they became extinct. They needed a place to live, after all. It's a common misconception that the Bible doesn't refer to dinosaurs. Job 40:15 refers to a large animal called "Behemoth". Many scholars suggest this could refer to dinosaurs. Behemoth has the following attributes according to Job 40:15-24:
- It “eats grass like an ox.”
- It “moves his tail like a cedar.” (In Hebrew, this literally reads, “he lets hang his tail like a cedar.”)
- Its “bones are like beams of bronze,
- His ribs like bars of iron.”
- “He is the first of the ways of God.”
- “He lies under the lotus trees, In a covert of reeds and marsh.”
Furthermore, Job 3:8, Job 41, Psalm 74:14; 104:25-26, and Isaiah 27:1 refer to a sea-going reptile known as Leviathan. Leviathan is probably a reference to kronosaurus or liopleurodon. The word "dinosaur" isn't found in the Bible, but the characteristics of Behemoth and Leviathan indicate these were probably dinosaurs.